RNS Number : 2789T
Tekmar Group PLC
14 November 2023

14 November 2023

Tekmar Group plc

("Tekmar Group" the "Company" or the "Group")

Acquisition of minority interest in Ryder Geotechnical Limited

Tekmar Group plc (AIM: TGP), a leading provider of technology and services for the global offshore energy markets, announces that AgileTek Engineering Limited ("AgileTek Engineering"), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Group, has entered into an agreement to acquire the remaining shares of Ryder Geotechnical Limited ("Ryder Geotechnical") not already owned by it.

On 28 March 2019, Tekmar announced that AgileTek Engineering had completed the acquisition of 80 per cent. of the total share capital of Ryder Geotechnical from Nigel Jeremy Martin and Fraser Gibson ("the Sellers") for a nominal consideration of £2 and that an option had been granted for AgileTek Engineering to acquire the remaining 20 per cent for a capped consideration1, with the actual consideration payable on exercise to be subject to the performance of Ryder Geotechnical.

Agreement has now been reached to acquire the remaining 20 per cent. of Ryder Geotechnical for £200,000 (the "Transaction") from the Sellers, with £150,000 payable in cash on completion, and the remaining amount of £50,000 to be paid in the form of shares in the Group maturing equally on the first and second anniversary of the Transaction, provided the Sellers continue to be employed by the Company.

For the year ended 30 September 2022, Ryder Geotechnical reported a profit before tax of £101,000 and net assets of £276,000.

As the Sellers are both directors of Ryder Geotechnical, the Transaction is classified as a related party transaction under the AIM Rules for Companies. The directors of Tekmar consider, having consulted with Singer Capital Markets its Nominated Adviser, that the terms of the Transaction are fair and reasonable insofar as its shareholders are concerned.


Tekmar Group plc

Alasdair MacDonald / Leanne Wilkinson


+44 (0)1325 349 050

Singer Capital Markets (Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker)

Rick Thompson / James Fischer

+44 (0)20 7496 3000

Berenberg (Joint Broker)

Ben Wright / Ciaran Walsh

 +44 (0)20 3207 7800

Bamburgh Capital Limited (Financial PR & Investor Relations)

Murdo Montgomery

+44 (0) 131 376 0901

About Tekmar Group plc 


Tekmar Group plc (AIM: TGP) collaborates with its partners to deliver robust and sustainable engineering led solutions that enable the world's energy transition.


Through our Offshore Energy and Marine Civils Divisions we provide a range of engineering services and technologies to support and protect offshore wind farms and other offshore energy assets and marine infrastructure. With near 40 years of experience, we optimise and de-risk projects, solve customers' engineering challenges, improve safety and lower project costs. Our capabilities include geotechnical design and analysis, simulation and engineering analysis, bespoke equipment design and build, subsea protection technology and subsea stability technology. 


We have a clear strategy focused on strengthening Tekmar's value proposition as an engineering solutions-led business which offers integrated and differentiated technology, services and products to our global customer base.


Headquartered in Darlington, UK, Tekmar Group has an extensive global reach with offices, manufacturing facilities, strategic supply partnerships and representation in 18 locations across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America.


For more information visit:

Subscribe to further news from Tekmar Group at Group News


1Maximum consideration of £2 million

This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact or visit

RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the London Stock Exchange use the personal data you provide us, please see our Privacy Policy.