Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. In 2019, we helped more than two million candidates find a meaningful job with our 280,000 clients. Furthermore, we trained more than 350,000 people. Randstad is active in 38 markets around the world and has top-three positions in almost half of these. In 2019, Randstad had on average 38,280 corporate employees and generated revenue of € 23.7 billion. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext (symbol: RAND.AS). For more information, see https://www.randstad.com/.
|In millions of €, unless otherwise indicated||2019||2018||2017|
|Gross profit (underlying)||4,726||4,703||4,708|
|Adjusted net income||766||833||756|
|Free cash flow2||915||627||586|
|Leverage ratio (net debt/12-month EBITDA)||1.0||1.2||0.9|
|Ratios (in % of revenue)|
|Gross margin (underlying)||20.0||19.8||20.2|
|EBITA margin (underlying)||4.6||4.7||4.6|
|Net income margin||2.6||3.0||2.7|
|Basic earnings per ordinary share (in €)||3.24||3.80||3.38|
|Basic earnings per ordinary share, underlying (in €)3||4.18||4.55||4.13|
|Diluted earnings per ordinary share, underlying (in €)3||4.17||4.54||4.11|
|Dividend per ordinary share (in €)||0||3.38||2.76|
|Payout per ordinary share (in %)4||0||74||67|
|Closing price, year-end (in €)||54.44||40.09||51.24|
|Market capitalization, year-end||9,979||7,349||9,390|
|Enterprise value, year-end5||10,735||8,334||10,416|
|Average number of candidates working||649,000||670,900||668,800|
|Average number of corporate employees||38,280||38,820||37,930|
|Number of branches, year-end||2,761||2,827||2,900|
|Number of Inhouse locations, year-end||2,100||1,999||1,958|
1. EBITA: operating profit before amortization and impairment of acquisition-related intangible assets and goodwill.
2. Free cash flow: sum of net cash from operating and investing activities, excluding the acquisition and disposal of subsidiaries and associates and equity investments, and dividends from associates; including repayment of lease liabilities.
3. Before amortization and impairment of acquisition-related intangible assets and goodwill, integration costs, acquisition-related expenses, and one-offs.
4. Payout per ordinary share in %: dividend per ordinary share on basic earnings per ordinary share adjusted for the net effect of amortization and impairment of acquisitionrelated intangible assets and goodwill, integration costs, acquisition-related costs, and one-offs.
5. Enterprise value: the total of market capitalization and net debt (net debt excluding lease liabilities).