Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We do this by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR Solutions, including Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Managed Services Programs and outplacement. Randstad is active in 38 markets around the world and has top-three positions in almost half of these. In 2018, Randstad had on average 38,820 corporate employees and 4,826 branches and Inhouse locations. In 2018, Randstad generated revenue of € 23.8 billion and holds the world’s number one position in its industry since November 2018. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam, where options for stocks in Randstad are also traded. For more information, see https://www.randstad.com/.
|In millions of €, unless otherwise indicated||2018||2017||2016|
|Gross profit (underlying)||4,703||4,708||3,934|
|Adjusted net income||833||756||689|
|Free cash flow2||627||586||465|
|Leverage ratio (net debt/12-month EBITDA)||0.8||0.9||0.8|
|Ratios (in % of revenue)|
|Gross margin (underlying)||19.7||20.2||19.0|
|EBITA margin (underlying)||4.3||4.3||4.3|
|Adjusted net income margin||3.0||2.7||2.8|
|Basic earnings per ordinary share (in €)||3.78||3.38||3.15|
|Basic earnings per ordinary share, underlying (in €)4||4.55||4.13||3.77|
|Diluted earnings per ordinary share, underlying (in €)4||4.54||4.11||3.75|
|Dividend per ordinary share (in €)||3.38||2.76||1.89|
|Payout per ordinary share (in %)5||74||67||50|
|Closing price, year-end (in €)||40.09||51.24||51.53|
|Market capitalization, year-end||7,349||9,390||9,431|
|Enterprise value, year-end6||8,334||10,416||10,225|
|Average number of candidates working||670,900||668,800||626,300|
|Average number of corporate employees||38,820||37,930||32,280|
|Number of branches, year-end7||2,827||2,900||2,974|
|Number of Inhouse locations, year-end7||1,999||1,958||1,778|
1. EBITA: operating profit before amortization and impairment of acquisition-related intangible assets and goodwilll.
2. Free cash flow: sum of net cash from operating and investing activities, excluding the acquisition and disposal of subsidiaries and associates, and dividends from associates.
3. Net debt: cash and cash equivalents minus borrowings.
4. Before amortization and impairment of acquisition-related intangible assets and goodwill, integration costs, acquisition-related costs, and one-offs.
5. Payout per ordinary share in %: dividend per ordinary share on basic earnings per ordinary share adjusted for the net effect of amortization and impairment of acquisitionrelated intangible assets and goodwill, integration costs, acquisition-related costs, and one-offs.
6. Enterprise value: the total of market capitalization and net debt.
7. Branches are outlets from which various clients are served with various numbers of services and which are located in residential/commercial areas. Inhouse locations are outlets from which one client is served with a limited number of job profiles and which are located on the site of the client.