BBVA is a customer-centric global financial services group founded in 1857. The Group has a solid leading position in Spain, is the largest financial institution in Mexico, and has leading franchises in South America. It is also the leading shareholder in Turkey’s Garanti BBVA and has an important investment, transactional and capital markets banking business in the U.S.
The factsheet below provides an overview of the bank’s key information, with data as per the last quarter. It is available for download in PDF format.
|Balance Sheet (million euros)||30-09-21||^%||30-09-20||31-12-20|
|Loans and advances to customers (gross)1||327,968||1.8||322,059||323,252|
|Deposits from customers1||340,828||4.4||326,447||342,661|
|Total customer funds1||452,443||6.1||426,487||445,608|
|Income statement (million euros)|
|Net interest income||10,708||(3.7)||11,115||14,592|
|Net attributable profit||3,311||n.s.||(15)||1,305|
|Data per share|
|Number of shares (million)||6,668||—||6,668||6,668|
|Number of shareholders||836,979||(6.8)||898,240||879,226|
|Share price (euros)||5.72||141.0||2.37||4.04|
|Earning per share excluding non-recurring impacts (euros)2,3||0.52||99.4||0.26||0.35|
|Book value per share (euros)||6.76||4.0||6.50||6.70|
|Adjusted ROE (net attributable profit or (loss)/average shareholders' funds +/- average accumulated other comprehensive income)2||11.1||6.0||6.1|
|Adjusted ROTE (net attributable profit or (loss)/average shareholders' funds excluding average intangible assets +/- average accumulated other comprehensive income)2||11.7||6.3||6.5|
|Adjusted ROA (Profit or (loss) for the year/average total assets)2||0.94||0.55||0.54|
|Adjusted RORWA (Profit or (loss) for the year/average risk-weighted assets - RWA)2||1.99||1.17||1.16|
|Cost of risk5||0.92||1.68||1.55|
|NPL coverage ratio5||80||85||82|
|Total ratio phased-in6||19.17||16.66||16.46|
General note: the results generated by BBVA USA and the rest of Group's companies in the United States sold to PNC on June 1, 2021, are presented in a single line as "Profit/ (loss) after tax from discontinued operations".
(1) Excluding the assets and liabilities figures from BBVA USA and the rest of Group's companies in the United States sold to PNC on June 1, 2021, classified as non-current assets and liabilities held for sale (NCA&L) as of 31-12-20. The figures related to "Loans and advances to customers (gross)", "Deposits from customers" and "Total customer funds", including BBVA USA, would stand at €379,018m, €395,132m and €495,171m, respectively, as of 30-09-20.
(2) Non-recurring impacts include: (I) profit/(loss) after tax from discontinued operations as of 30-09-21, 31-12-20 and 30-09-20; (II) the net cost related to the restructuring process as of 30-09-21; and (III) the net capital gain from the bancassurance operation with Allianz as of 31-12-20.
(3) Adjusted by additional Tier 1 instrument remuneration.
(4) Calculated by dividing shareholder remuneration over the last twelve months by the closing price of the period.
(5) Excluding BBVA USA and the rest of Group's companies in the United States sold to PNC on June 1, 2021.
(6) Phased-in ratios include the temporary treatment on the impact of IFRS 9, calculated in accordance with Article 473 bis amendments of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR), introduced by the Regulation (EU) 2020/873.
|Long term||Short term||Outlook||Last rating action|
|DBRS||A (high)||R-1 (middle)||Stable||03-31-2021|