Close
RNS Number : 2467U
Tekmar Group PLC
28 March 2019
 

The information communicated within this announcement is deemed to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

 

28 March 2019

Tekmar Group plc

("Tekmar", the "Group" or the "Company")

 

Acquisition of Ryder Geotechnical Limited

 

Tekmar Group plc, a market-leading technology provider of subsea protection systems is pleased to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary, AgileTek Engineering Limited ("AgileTek Engineering"), has completed the acquisition of 80 per cent. of the total share capital of Ryder Geotechnical Limited ("Ryder Geotechnical") from sellers Nigel Jeremy Martin and Fraser Gibson for a nominal consideration of £2, together with the grant of an option to acquire the remaining 20 per cent.

 

Background

 

Ryder Geotechnical, founded by Fraser Gibson in 2016, provides expert geotechnical design and consulting services to the offshore wind and subsea oil and gas sectors.

 

Offshore geotechnical engineering is a specialist branch of civil engineering, focused on the assessment of seabed properties and the design of subsea infrastructure to ensure the stability of offshore assets. Ryder Geotechnical's activities include structure foundation design, geohazard assessment and subsea cable routing and burial assessment. These services, provided to project developers in both the offshore wind and subsea oil and gas sectors, are critical at the preliminary design stages of a project and are employed throughout the lifecycle of those assets to ensure they are safe and functional.

Adding geotechnical engineering capability to the Group's portfolio will provide earlier access to offshore projects, greatly increasing visibility on opportunities in these markets and creating the opportunity for the Group to increase revenue per project across its lifecycle. Ryder Geotechnical is expected to benefit from Tekmar Group's trusted name in the global energy market, which will open up new sales opportunities for the business.

 

Whilst operating as a stand-alone business, Ryder Geotechnical will work with AgileTek Engineering to provide combined scopes of work, which deliver increased value to clients. The two companies have recently worked together successfully on several high-profile subsea cable projects for clients including Ørsted and Global Maritime.

 

Integration

 

The Ryder Geotechnical team comprises four experienced staff, all of whom will remain with the business. Founder, Fraser Gibson will continue to lead Ryder Geotechnical as Managing Director.

 

Ryder Geotechnical will continue to trade under its own name, from its leased headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, and remain as a separate legal entity. There will be no disruption or change for its customers. The business will sit as part of AgileTek Engineering.

 

James Ritchie, Tekmar Group CEO, Sue Hurst, Tekmar Group CFO, and Steven Rossiter, AgileTek Engineering Managing Director, will be appointed as additional directors of Ryder Geotechnical.

 

Further details of the Transaction

 

Under the acquisition agreement, AgileTek Engineering has acquired 80 per cent. of Ryder Geotechnical for an nominal consideration of £2 with the remaining 20 per cent. retained by Nigel Jeremy Martin and Fraser Gibson.

 

AgileTek Engineering shall be granted an option to acquire the remaining 20 per cent. for a maximum consideration of £2 million. The option is exercisable by AgileTek Engineering up to 27 March 2022 and the consideration payable on exercise is subject to performance criteria.

 

Financials

 

In the published accounts for the year to 30 November 2017, Ryder Geotechnical had turnover of £102,315, profit of £48,385 and had net assets of £14,000.

 

James Ritchie, Chief Executive Officer, Tekmar Group plc, said: "We are delighted to welcome Fraser, Nigel and the team to Tekmar Group. Ryder Geotechnical provides an extremely important service to offshore sector. The combination of our businesses will open new doors and enable us to expand our revenue streams further across a project's long lifecycle.

 

"Tekmar Group is focused on adding value in the protection of our clients' subsea assets and it is of strategic value for us to know as much as possible about seabed conditions on projects being executed by the Group. The acquisition furthers our strategy to acquire offshore energy businesses which have a clear technology focus, have complementary customer bases and can leverage Group support to accelerate growth."

 

London based AgileTek Engineering Limited is one of Tekmar Group plc's four primary operating companies, in addition to Tekmar Energy Limited, Subsea Innovation Limited and now Ryder Geotechnical Limited.

 

For further information contact:

 

Tekmar Group plc

James Ritchie-Bland, Chief Executive Officer

Sue Hurst, Chief Financial Officer

 

+44 (0)1325 379 520

 

Grant Thornton UK LLP (Nominated Adviser)

Philip Secrett / Jen Clarke

 

+44 (0)20 7383 5100

 

Berenberg (Broker)

Chris Bowman / Ben Wright / Laure Fine 

 

+44 (0)20 3207 7800

 

Belvedere Communications (Financial PR)

Cat Valentine (cvalentine@belvederepr.com)

Llew Angus (langus@belvederepr.com)

Keeley Clarke, (kclarke@belvederepr.com)

 

+44 (0) 20 3687 2750

+44 (0) 7715 769 078

+44 (0) 7407 023 147

+44 (0) 7967 816 525

 

About Tekmar Group plc - https://investors.tekmar.co.uk/

 

Tekmar Group plc's vision is to be the partner of choice for the supply and installation support of subsea protection equipment to the global offshore energy markets. The Group has four primary operating companies; these are Tekmar Energy Limited, Subsea Innovation Limited, AgileTek Engineering Limited and Ryder Geotechnical Limited.

 

Tekmar Energy is a global market leader in subsea cable, umbilical and flexible pipe protection systems. Tekmar have been trusted to protect billions of Euros worth of assets in the offshore wind, oil & gas, wave, tidal and interconnector markets since 1985: https://www.tekmar.co.uk/

 

Subsea Innovation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of complex engineered equipment and technology used in the offshore energy market. Its products include large equipment handling systems which operate on the back of pipelay installation vessels; emergency pipeline repair clamps (EPRC) which protect major oil and gas pipelines, and bespoke equipment for use in the construction of offshore energy projects: https://www.subsea.co.uk/

 

AgileTek Engineering is an award-winning subsea engineering consultancy for offshore energy projects. AgileTek helps its clients de-risk projects through advanced computer simulation and analysis. https://agiletek.co.uk/ AgileDat, a division of AgileTek, provides software development, cloud architecture and data analytics services. https://agiledat.co.uk/

 

Ryder Geotechnical provides expert geotechnical design and consulting services to the offshore wind and subsea oil and gas sectors. Services include offshore structure foundation design, geohazard assessment and subsea cable routing and burial assessment.  https://www.rydergeotechnical.com/

Tekmar Energy and Tekmar Group plc is headquartered in Newton Aycliffe in the United Kingdom; AgileTek operates from an office in London; Subsea Innovation have their head office and manufacturing centre in Darlington, United Kingdom. Tekmar Group plc also has representation in South Korea, USA, China and the Middle East.

 

 

 


This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact rns@lseg.com or visit www.rns.com.
 
END
 
 
ACQZMGZFRNRGLZM